|Leaders in Veterinary Compounding
Animals make great companions, but pretty bad patients. Wouldn't it be great if there was a low-stress way to administer medicine to your pets?
Our compounding pharmacists can help you and your veterinarian find the medication that best fits your pet’s needs; in a delivery form and strength that increases compliance, reduces side effects, and eliminates the stress of medication administration.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy - Compounding Medications for Pets throughout Louisiana
Our highly trained pharmacists have the ability to custom make medications in our state of the art compounding laboratory. This process is called “prescription compounding”. Compounding medications allows for:
And compounding a medication for a companion animal might include:
- Unique delivery vehicles to be utilized (i.e., topical creams, injection solutions, flavored oral suspensions, etc.). These unique forms of delivery may make administering medications easier, more pleasant, and potentially more effective.
- Medicines to be concentrated based on individual need; which maximizes therapeutic outcomes while potentially reducing side effects.
- Multiple medications to be combined to form a customized medication. This may speed the healing process and save patients valuable time and money, eliminating the need of switching from one therapy to the next.
- Flavoring Medications - When medicines are unpalatable it’s a battle to administer your pet’s medication. We can eliminate the coercion and stress involved in getting your pet to take his/her medication by simple making it more palatable through effective medication flavoring.
- Creating an Alternative Dosage Form - Most medications are developed for humans, and are usually not commercially developed strictly for animals. Our compounding pharmacists can take a drug that was made for a human - say as a tablet, and re-formulate it into a liquid, tasty treat, topical gel, or other unique form that makes it easier to administer to an animal.
- Varying the Ingredients or Strengths - Species, age, weight, and medical history all can determine how much of a medication should be given. Some animals have allergies and varying drug tolerances, requiring medications which are sugar-free, gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free, or dye-free. As a result, it can be a challenge to find a commercially available medication suitable for your pet’s individual needs. We have the ability to make it, so they will take it, and it will work!
- Compounding a Discontinued/Unavailable Medication - Sometimes medications are removed from the market for non-safety reasons or become temporarily unavailable due to manufacturing issues. In many of these instances we have the ability to obtain the raw chemicals necessary to formulate the medication and customize it to your pet’s requirements.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy - Compounding Medications for Most Veterinary Species
We have the facilities and technology to custom make medications for animals of all shapes and sizes including:
• Dogs • Cats • Horses • Avian Species • Rabbits • Guinea Pigs
Is a Compounded Prescription Right for My Pet?
• Reptiles • Ferrets • Hamsters • Exotics • As well as animals in Zoos & Aquariums!
Talk to your veterinarian - Discuss compounding as a treatment option, and let your veterinarian know you heard about prescription compounding from The Compounding Center Pharmacy.
Contact Us - To inquire about potential treatment strategies, and how The Compounding Center Pharmacy can help you.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy
3810 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy
Lafayette, LA 70503
Tel: (337) 981-8844
Fax: (337) 981-8884