|The Challenges of Keeping Your Children Healthy
Keeping children healthy and happy is one of our most important challenges as parents. The state of a child’s health can directly impact the quality of life standards for the remaining family members (including pets). Numerous chronic and acute illnesses can be difficult to treat, and sometimes the medication that is prescribed can be just as stressful to administer as dealing with the actual illness itself.
Kids are unique. Shouldn't the medicine they take be unique as well, and made to suit their individual needs, while still being effective?
Our compounding pharmacists can help you and your health care provider find the medication that best fits your individual child’s needs; in a delivery form and strength that increases compliance, reduces side effects, and eliminates the stress of medication administration.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy - Compounding Medications for Children throughout Louisiana
Our highly trained pharmacists have the ability to custom make medications in our state of the art compounding laboratory. This process is called “prescription compounding”. Compounding medications allows for:
And compounding a medication for a child might include:
- Unique delivery vehicles to be utilized (topical creams, injection solutions, flavored oral suspensions, etc.). These unique forms of delivery may make administering medications easier, more pleasant, and potentially more effective.
- Medicines to be concentrated based on individual need; which maximizes therapeutic outcomes while potentially reducing side effects.
- Multiple medications to be combined to form a customized medication. This may speed the healing process and save patients valuable time and money, eliminating the need of switching from one therapy to the next.
- Flavoring Medications - When medicines taste gross it’s a battle to administer your child’s medication. We can eliminate the coercion and stress involved in getting your child to take his/her medication by simple making it more palatable through effective medication flavoring.
- Creating an Alternative Dosage Form - Most medications are developed for adults, and are usually not commercially developed strictly for children. Our compounding pharmacists can take a drug that was made for an adult - say as a tablet, and re-formulate it into a liquid, gummy bear, topical gel, or other unique form that makes it easier to administer to a child.
- Varying the Ingredients or Strengths - Sex, age, and weight all can determine how much of a medication should be given. Some children have allergies and varying drug tolerances, requiring medications which are sugar-free, gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free, or dye-free. As a result, it can be a challenge to find a commercially available medication suitable for your child’s individual needs. We have the ability to make it, so they will take it, and it will work!
- Compounding a Discontinued/Unavailable Medication - Sometimes medications are removed from the market for non-safety reasons, or become temporarily unavailable due to manufacturing issues. In many of these instances we have the ability to obtain the raw chemicals necessary to formulate the medication and customize it to your child’s requirements.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy - Compounding Medications for Various Pediatric Illnesses
Our compounding pharmacists can help treat the many diverse health issues affecting today’s pediatric population, including:
• GERD • Fever • Nausea • Autism • Diaper Rash • ADHD
Is a Compounded Prescription Right for My Child?
• Celiac Disease • Hypertension • Pain • Head Lice • And many more!
Talk to your health care provider - Discuss compounding as a treatment option, and let your child’s health care provider know you heard about prescription compounding from The Compounding Center Pharmacy.
Contact Us - To inquire about potential treatment strategies, and how The Compounding Center Pharmacy can help you.
The Compounding Center Pharmacy
3810 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy
Lafayette, LA 70503
Tel: (337) 981-8844
Fax: (337) 981-8884